Hot off the press & straight to your inbox, a dispatch from the frontlines of the Portland market. Covering real estate numbers, local news, events, & more.
- Clean gutters and downspouts. It rains here sometimes.
- Schedule chimney cleaning + have the furnace serviced. The last thing you want is no heat during our annual 1-day Snowpocalypse.
- Walk the perimeter, seal any gaps – no critters allowed!
- Haven’t checked for radon? Fall is a good time as houses are shut up for longer and the furnace is on.
- Check batteries on smoke and carbon alarms. Safety first.
Overall Portland Prices:
- Average sale price in the metro area for 2019 through August was $458,900, a 1.0% increase from this time last year.
- The median sale price increased by 2.2% to $410,000 in the same comparison.
- Rates have increased to 3.875% for a 30-year, fixed, conventional with excellent credit.
Sign up to receive the monthly Scouting Report email newsletter at the bottom of our home page!
Scout deems all information contained within this report reliable but not guaranteed at the time of posting.