Listed at $875,000!
Finding privacy in our increasingly crowded cities is only getting harder as large lots and wooded landscaped yards become a thing of the past. This spacious one level home is the exception to that. Nestled on its own private gated one-acre lot, it is surrounded by nature. This private oasis is close to the city center, while still feeling like you are miles away from civilization. As they say, the best of both worlds.
This sophisticated contemporary house offers soaring ceilings, flexible and open floor space, and minimalist decorative elements. There is also an extensive use of modern or “industrial” mixed materials throughout the home, like concrete, metal, glass, and skylights. Big windows are used to accent the forested lot and creates an organic connection to nature; making the transition to indoor and outdoor living more fluid.
Some of the artistic details highlighted in the home are the custom electric exterior gates, interior metal doors, walls of windows, vaulted ceilings, skylights, and custom lighting fixtures inside and out designed by local artist. The joy of these ample windows is that it allows light to pour in through the great glass areas all day long. The open concept living is ideal for entertaining and socializing with those in the home while still allowing for privacy in the bedrooms flanking the home.
The seller of this home is the second owner and has a close tie to the local artisans of the area. The custom guest room sink, exterior ceramic table, ceramic swivel chairs as well as planters are all designed for this home by the late artist, Joe Cotter. Cotter was well known for his large murals and his work for McMenamins. For more information on Cotter’s work, click here. There is also custom metal work by Laurie Austin throughout the home.
Zoned R10 and sitting on two tax lots, this home may have value as a lot purchase. Buyer to do their own due diligence in researching.
This home has so many options it makes it hard to lump it into one simple concept.
1. Scrape the lot and build multiple homes (one acre zoned R10 – FLAT LOT). New builds in this pocket are selling for over $1,000,000.
2. Update the awsome one level home and have the best lot in the neighborhood.
3. Update the home and build a guest cottage and still have the best lot in the neighborhood.
4. Update the home, scrape the carport, and develop back 1/2 acre lot (1-2 homes).
Additional features include:
- Built in 1946
- 3617 sq ft
- 6 bed | 3.5 bath
- 2 Master suites
- 4 Car detached carport with storage
- Single-level living
- Open living + dining room
- Elevated wood fireplace between living + dining room
- Wrap around porch
- Lot size: 1 Acre | 2 Tax Lots
- Schools: Markham, Jackson, Wilson
- Taxes: Home- $8,705.48/yr | Lot- $2,004.30
- RMLS: Home #18144475 | Land #18046703
For more information about this listing, contact Alia Marie Hazen at
503-705-8414 or firstname.lastname@example.org